The monsoon season is perhaps the most awaited time of the year in our part of the world. The weather is delightful, the food is sumptuous and the surroundings are cleaner, quieter and more beautiful. But while we make the most of this splendid season, it would be worthwhile to protect our homes against the damaging effects of the monsoon. The increased levels of moisture in the air can do more harm than good to the interiors of your home.
Here are 5 easy monsoon home-care tips for your apartment.
1. Roll away the expensive carpets: It’s best to roll away those expensive, Persian carpets during the monsoon season. The humidity could potentially damage the texture of the carpets. Store them in a clean, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
2. Avoid keeping your plants indoors: An excess of indoor plants could prove to be a nuisance in the monsoon season. To prevent your plants from becoming a breeding ground for insects and mosquitoes, move them to the outdoors and let them get some sunlight and fresh air.
3. Plug in any gaps in doors and windows: Make sure to plug in any gaps in the doors and windows of your house, especially the ones to the balcony and terrace. This will prevent unnecessary damage caused to the interiors from leakages and seepages during the rainy season.
4. Keep your important documents safely: Laminate your important documents and store them in a secure and dry place to prevent moisture from damaging them. It’s also a good idea to store all your important documents digitally.
5. Store the kitchen ingredients correctly: Kitchen ingredients such as salt, sugar and spices are easily prone to spoilage when there’s humidity in the air. Stock them in air-tight containers and make sure to consume all perishable food items within a day.
Don’t let the monsoon dampen the spirit of your home—keep it beautiful and luxurious all year round.
For luxury homes in Hadapsar, Pune, explore Amanora Park Town—Pune’s biggest residential township.